Oba Ilobaa - Young Male CEO: The Life Hack
No need sugarcoating this, running a business is very hard (& certainly very rewarding). If you see only the glamourous sides, don't be fooled! -It is not for children.However, don't be totally discouraged GTBank is still hiring.
You see, how you are able to successfully pull this CEO task is really your 'business'.
Here are some useful self-help-tips to guide the Young CEO in making his bones.
1.Tip often.Give only crisp notes & watch service people transform to your personal servants e.g. service boys at weddings or security guards at your bank.
2. Carry a brown or black leather 'money bag' around,even if you have zero account balance.people will assume in your favour.
3. Grow a pot belly & wear starched shirts.It doesn't make sense but,many Nigerians respect this combination.
4. Social Media hack: Whenever you meet a famous person,don't ask too many questions just ask for a selfie & post on Instagram and twitter (skip facebook).
5. Loo-llaby: Whenever Nature calls you on the Go,drive into the nearest Protea hotel, use the restroom by the bar or swimming pool. it's usually clean and feels quite private.
6. Wash wash: On your next dinner date to an expensive restaurant go with your own choice wine or champagne.Talk to the maître d' & pay only for corkage plus refer to 1. above
7. Outsource: Hire someone to come in to cook & clean at least once a week & pay per visit.(I dont see what can be gained from scrubbing toilet seats & polishing floors)
PS:it's not as expensive as you think it would be. Negotiate.
8. Hold up: Turning up every Friday night is a 9-5 behaviour. Stop embarrassing yourself.
9. Run your world: 6-9am,12-1pm & 5-9pm. morning rush,lunch break/School runs & afterwork rush hours, respectively. These are heavy traffic hours.you have have the freedom of choosing your work hours.Use it.
10. Stay sharp: You are in this for the longterm.eat right.exercise regularly.You don't want to be the rich oldman in a wheel chair.